Thursday 28 March 2013

On The Radar : Ace Bushy Striptease



It was only a matter of time before those of us that were influenced by the mid noughties uprising of blunt indie pop-punk were going to rear our ugly heads, and tell everyone how it is once again. Ridiculously brilliant titles to songs with lyrical misogyny dabbed in a sherbet of lust, utter brilliance I would say, coming in the form of aptly named Ace Bushy Striptease (not even google will show you the search answer, go on and try it).

A five piece from the center of the country, distracted in university making 1 album per year, and lately highly influenced by football references. Sounds like a recipe for disaster, but it is really not. Why I've not stumbled upon Ace Bushy Striptease before is beyond me, but I know in my better mind that knowing they exist, I can sleep at night.

If I was going to try and tell you what they sound like, I’d fail, but I can tell you what you can listen to which will make you think ‘Oh..Yeah’...think Art Brut, Jarvis Cocker at the brit awards, the middle class honesty of The Young Knives and Test Icicles, you’re onto a winner.

Radar track ‘More Parts Milijas’ from their 5th album ‘Outside Its Cold Just Like Inside Of Your Body’ is a clanging, football referencing, brutal but brilliant cataclysm of indie greatness. I really do hope that other than the independent labels they are signed to, someone takes a gamble that will pay off.


No comments:

Post a Comment