Thursday 25 April 2013

On The Radar : Asta



Those Australians have done it again, just as April properly rears its beautiful head into sunshine, this time with a wonderful solo artist in the form of Asta.

Back in 2009 I became addicted to co country dwellers Empire Of The Sun and their first album ‘Walking On A Dream’, tracks such as ‘We Are The People’ and ‘Half Mast’ were constantly propping themselves up on my iPod shuffle and practically sound tracked my summer. Hailing from Hobart, Australia, she could quite well become my Empire Of The Sun for 2013.

Asta is Karen O meets Empire Of The Sun, hypnotizing vocals encapsulate themselves around a soft kick, hi hat and acoustic guitar. Radar track ‘I Need Answers’  is a tiny bit early Daft Punk meets Ellie Goulding with a bit of Gabrielle Aplin, a nice gentle tune you’d have on in the background on a sunny Sunday afternoon.


No comments:

Post a Comment