Monday 7 May 2012

Re-Issues : Sum41 - All Killer, No Filler.




Re-issues is a little blog post I’m going to be throwing out every now and again, by re-issues I mean albums that influenced me from as long as I remember. This could literally be anything, to give you an open insight into the shaping of musical influences and taste. 



People say that sharing music is a bad thing, I can’t help but disagree. The first album that was ever shared with me was Sum41’sAll Killer, No Filler’ and to this day I can’t thank the person enough for introducing me.

At a ripe teenage age where I wasn’t sure of anything, where girls were something undiscovered and being clean wasn’t a necessity (was it?!) Sum41 brought something reassuring, that there was more to music than boy bands, Whitney Houston and Chas & Dave. Discovering pop-punk would shape the next few musical years in my teenage life.

When you think of Sum41 you instantly think ‘Fat Lip’ or ‘In Too Deep’ and you can’t be blamed but the album goes much deeper, tracks like ‘Summer’ ‘Crazy Amanda Bunkface’ and ‘Motivation’ are the backbone of the bands strongest and still biggest selling album. It became the first album that I could listen to from start to finish and then start again, which eventually lead to a scratched up CD and a replacement of the original instead of the copy.

So there it is, my first re-issue which isn’t too much in depth. 14 tracks lining up at just over 32 minutes, full of teenage angst, a two fingers to society and complete disregard for any rules.

No comments:

Post a Comment